Pods Integration With Bit Form
Pods is a content management framework that offers an intuitive alternative to WordPress and other content management systems for building sites. With its integration with the Form Builder plugin, it is easier than ever to create and publish forms in WordPress.
Get more from your Pods admin by integrating it with our advanced form builder Bit Form. This Pods integration makes it possible to create custom post types & custom fields & let us collect data & manage those with Bit Form. The possibilities are endless, and we are sure that you will find this documentation useful.
Create custom post type & fields using Pods :
Here, we will demonstrate an example of ” Car Registration ” to show how this integration will work for Bit Form. Follow the below instructions:
1. For the Pods integration, make sure you have installed the Pods plugin successfully on your WordPress dashboard.
2. Now navigate to Pods dashboard & click on the button ” Create New” button.
3. On the ‘ Content type ‘ field, click on the drop-down menu & select “Custom Post Type“. Then set the “label” for singular & plural type as you want. For example, we have set the label as ‘Car‘ & ‘Cars‘ regarding singular & plural level. Then click on “Next Step” to proceed with further settings.
4. As we have created “Car ” as a custom post type earlier, we will create some custom fields under the car type.
- At first, we created a field & labeled it as “Brand“.Then set the field type as “Relationship“. We have set some brand names on the “Custom defined option” field as BMW, Toyota & Nissan. Make the option “Required”. As we have set multiple brand names so from the “Additional field option” we have selected the “Selection Type = Single Select” & “Format = Drop Down“. Save the field settings by clicking “Save field“.
- The second field we have created is labeled as “Price” & set the field type as “Currency”.
For the “Body style” field, we have set the field type as “Relationship”. Body styles are Sedans & Hatchbacks. From the “Additional field option” we have selected the “Selection Type = Multiple Select” & “Format = Multi-Select”.
- The third field is “Website Link” & set the field type as “Website“.
- The last field we have created is “Specification,” & the field type is ” Plain Paragraph Text.”
5. After creating the related field of the custom post type navigate to “Advanced Option” & check the “Author” & “Featured Image” from the “Support” option.
[Note: By checking the “Featured Image,” user can upload an image directly to the post type they have created]
6. Now, click on the “Save Pod” button to save all the Pods settings
[Note: All the field settings you have to set are related to your custom post type. Here we have shown you some demo field settings]
Create a form using Bit Form:
1. After the Pods field settings, navigate to Bit Form & click on “Create Form“. Then select “Blank form“.
2. You have to drag & drop “Text” , “Multiline Text” & “Image” fields for the “Post Type” & “Post Content” & “Featured Image“. These three fields are WordPress by default fields.
4. Here, we have created a form called “Car Registration,” where we have designed it with all the fields related to the custom post type “Car“.
5. After completing all the field settings, save the form.
1. Follow the path: Settings => Integrations => Click on (+) => Click on ‘Pods’. Give a suitable name for the integration.
2. Select the Pod type & post status. These two fields are compulsory for the integration settings. Then select the “Author”.
3. Now, you have to map the form fields to the pods field on the “Pods Field Mapping” section. Then map the WordPress default post field with the form fields from the “WP Object Fields Mapping“.
4. Save the complete integration setting.
[Note: Make sure Pods field type & Bit Form field type have to be same]
5. After completing the settings, you have to set the conditions when this integration works. Don’t forget to specify the integration name; otherwise, the integration will not work correctly. Here we have set the condition that – every time when records will be created/ edited, on form submission the integration will be triggered.
6. Now, whenever a user will submit the data it will be posted as content on the created custom post type option. Admin can edit those data if needed. Also, all the submitted data will be stored on the Form Responses page. Admin can view & manage those data.
The Pods Framework integration with Bit Form is a perfect resolution for any site to gather information from the user and to make it visual on the site in a mannered way.
Watch the video tutorial here!